Yum! This goes great over spiraled zucchini or spaghetti squash, or even on top of chicken! It’s easy, and it makes me want to dip all my veggies in eggs before I throw them in the pan. It gives them a delicious crunch and it’s an easy way to get that protein in the morning!
I actually make this for breakfast sometimes because it’s so easy and there are always leftovers!
What You’ll Need
1 Tablespoon of cooking oil (ghee is good for this one)
1 large egg or two small eggs
1 tablespoon of salt
½ tablespoon of pepper
½ cup of homemade tomato sauce (or Whole 30 compliant store bought tomato sauce)
1) Cut your eggplant into slices. Doesn’t quite matter how thick, as long as they are all the same size!
2) Break your eggs into a bowl and whisk away! Add your salt and pepper.
3) Heat your sauce pan to medium high heat and add your cooking oil.
4) While your pan is heating, dip your eggplant in your egg mixture on both sides and be super generous!
5) Throw your eggplants in the pan and give them about 5 minutes on the first side.
6) Flip your eggplants and throw your tomato sauce into the pan, and let simmer for another 4 minutes.
7) They should be done when they are not too soggy, but just a little soft in the middle of each slice.
Well, there you have it, another simple and tasty recipe! I’m always looking for new ways to try old dishes, so let me know in the comments below if you have a favorite Whole 30 recipes!
Until next time, love yourself, love your body, and love the food you put in it!