We love the Watermelon Pops that Marlies Hartmann from Venice Beach, CA has created. Marlies is a mom, a holistic nutritionist, and a vegan. Take a look at what it takes to make these Watermelon Pops below! (Recipe taken directly from Marlies)
- 3 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (I used coconut, but any low/full fat yogurt will do)
- 1 handful baby spinach or kale
- 1 Tbs Organic Burst wheatgrass powder (optional superfood to help get that bright green color)
- 1 Tbs sweetener of choice (or stevia)
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs for the surprise edible seeds!
- Blend watermelon in your blender and pour into popsicle molds, filing 3/4 full.
- Gently stir cacao nibs into each mold (I used the back of a spoon) to distribute throughout the pureed watermelon.
- Place in freezer for 45-60 mins.
- Blend spinach, yogurt, wheat grass and sweetener and evenly pour on top of the semi-frozen watermelon layer.
- Place in the sticks and PPP back into the freezer for another 3 or more hours (or until hard).